2TE10U — two-section diesel locomotive with electric transmission, type - 10, Advanced. Final modification of the 2TE10 "Ukraine" series of mainline locomotives. Designed for driving freight and passenger trains on the territory of the 1520 railway area.
Technical characteristics of 2TE10U:
- Power - 2206 kW (3000 hp);
- Design speed - 100 km / h;
- Continuous mode speed - 6.5 m / s (23.5 km / h);
- Continuous traction force - 255 kN (26 tf);
- Service weight - 138 ± 4.14 tons;
- Load from the wheelset on the rails - 226 kN (23 tf);
- The minimum radius of the curves is 125 m;
- Diesel power (10D100M2) - 2 × 3000 hp (6000 hp);
- Axial formula - 2 × (30-30);
- Service weight - 2 × 138 tons (276 tons);
- Transmission type - electric, direct current;
- Fuel stock - 6300 kg;
- Sand stock - 1006 kg;
- Water supply - 1570 kg;
- Oil reserve - 1500 kg
In comparison with the predecessor, 2TE10U has improved electrical circuits, a revised ventilation system and an increased efficiency of the diesel engine in idle mode. Also, the 2TE10U's cabin layout has been changed, including the driver's console.
In addition to Ukraine, 2TE10U is actively operated on the territory of such countries as Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Latvia.